Saturday, March 27, 2010

When I grow up...

Jon and I had a fun day planned out today.  We decided to stop by the pool and spa store and take a course in hot tub 101.  We've had this big ol' hot tub just sittin' here without water all winter long.  It's time we fill that thing!  We've got the supplies and knowledge to do it now.  We also headed to Notre Dame for a lacrosse game.  The weather was a bit chilly, but the sun was shining brightly and it felt oh-so-good!  The game was exciting (although, ND lost) and we'll be going to some more this spring.

After the game was over I talked Jon into making a pit stop to the "teacher store" so I could breath in bulletin board materials, erasers, paint, paper, pens, manipulatives.  Before I walked into the store I was remembering my childhood memories of making trips to the "teacher store" with my mom.  I am so glad she saw the passion her third grade daughter had and went with it!  Mom would let me wander the isles, dreaming and scheming of what could be.  She also let me make little purchases for my classroom whose students consisted of teddy bears, younger cousins and neighbors.  Well, today as I walked into the store my attention was immediately drawn to a little girl, no older than 7, walking around the store with her mom and dad.  She was making choices of the newest additions to take home for her teacher play.  And what did they call this little blonde haired cutie??  Katie!  It was as if I was watching my childhood!

Counting my blessings that I'm living my dream!

1 comment:

  1. hot tub thing. we have one in michigan and we have never ever used it. they are so awesome, we need too!

    ReplyDelete